Studio Theatre                   Myriad Centre        Mason Theatre/P&DCI          Stewart Park

        

        O'Reilly's               St James Anglican Church   St Pauls United Church     

Performance Venue's

 Studio Theatre

The Studio Theatre is located at 63 Gore Street East in Perth Ontario in the Thomas Wright Building. This building was erected in 1851, and was occupied by the Wright family from 1867 until 1930, as a furriers. From 1958 � 1972, Jack Thomas, Optometrist, owned the building and operated his practice from the lower level. In 1997, after years of neglect, the building was restored to its present condition. Thus, the reason for the name, Thomas Wright Building.  The upper floor of the building has been the home of the Studio Theatre since the 1997 renovation.

 Myriad Centre for the Performing Arts

Located at #5 Sherbrooke Street this building is the home of the Myriad Centre for the Performing Arts� This building was erected in 1905 and was the home of the  Winn & Co Shoe Company, later known as the Perth Shoe Company Ltd. It was the only factory devoted exclusively to Goodyear welted shoes for ladies, the famous Naturalizers. The company was sold to Brown Shoe Company in 1954 that later moved to new locations on Sunset Blvd. and Rogers Road. In 2004, the building underwent extensive restorations and is now home to many studios and shops including the Myriad Centre.

 Stewart Park

Stewart Park is the venue for the annual  3 day free Stewart Park Music Festival - The park is located on both islands in the centre of Perth.  It was designed, constructed and, for many years, maintained by Jessie Stewart as a memorial to her husband, the Honourable John Alexander Stewart. Educated in Perth and Toronto, John Stewart practised law here from 1895 until his death in 1922, at the age of 55. He had been President of the Henry K. Wampole Co. Ltd,  the Andrew Jergens Company Ltd., and the Perth Shoe Co. Ltd. Elected to the House of Commons in 1918, he served as Minister of Railways in the Meighen Cabinet. In 1947, the park was conveyed to  the town with an endowment fund to provide for its maintenance. Mrs. Stewart also placed some conditions on the gift: that the park should remain in essentially the same condition and that it was and not to be used for any sort of commercial purpose.

Mason Theatre

The Theatre located in the Perth & District Colegiate Institute at 13 Victoria Street was recently renamed to the Mason Theatre in honour of tireless dedicated work of the Mason's to the schools drama club which is evidenced by the numerous awards that were won by the club in the annual Sears Drama Festival.

O'Reilly's

 

St Paul's United Church

 

St James Anglican Church

    HOME     HOSTED SITES    CALENDARS     FEEDBACK     SITE MAP    

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under aCreative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.